Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Evidence...

Y'all know how I feel about the handicam genre. If you don't, I like it. If done well, the first person perspective can just provide such a visceral experience that really can't be replicated by anything else.

Needless to say then, that I find this trailer for an upcoming indie flick called Evidence intriguing.




Granted, some may argue that this is not only a tire concept but a tired genre of filmmaking, or that we could just have another Blair Witch clone on our hands. But I would point to Quarantine, Cloverfield and The Last Exorcism, all solid handicam films I thoroughly enjoyed.

Anyhow, it looks to me like some kind of Yeti is after them. And Yetis are always fun. And possibly scary.

Not to mention the scene shown in the trailer from about 0:40 on is. Anything could be in those trees. ANYTHING. Creeps me out just thinking about it.

Whose to say when this film will find a distributor and see the light of day, but something to keep a lens trained on.


XOXO

D-bag

No comments:

Post a Comment