Friday, September 9, 2011

Artificial intelligence robots talk to one and other...


I know I haven't posted in a while, and I apologize for that. Summertime, love, French men. You know how it goes sometimes.

Anyways, I plan to post a summer recap post later on today. 

But just going through my morning routines before class today revealed something that has left me feeling rather unsettled. 

The BBC has a story about a conversation that occurred between two artificial intelligence robots named Alan and Sruthi, who were designed to converse with humans over the internet, having a conversation with one and other for the first time. 

I can't help but feel that this is how Skynet will come into the world. That our own hubris, our own pride over the machines we have created, will prove to be our downfall.

And this is a sure and steady step down that road.

More later.

xoxo

D-bag

No comments:

Post a Comment